INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATIENTS WHO ARE TO RECEIVE SEDATION
PRIOR TO ORAL SURGERY PROCEDURES
- The aid of sedation should help to make your oral surgery more comfortable. The medication will be given in your arm and, in most cases; local anesthesia will also be given. You should be comfortable, free of pain or anxiety, and disassociated from your surgery.
- IT IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL THAT THE PATIENT BRING A RESPONSIBLE ADULT WITH HIM/HER who can accompany the patient home and drive the car. The responsible person MUST be present in the office prior to initiation of the surgery and REMAIN until the patient be dismissed from the office. Your surgery will not begin unless this person is available.
- You should have NOTHING to eat or drink; this includes water and/or coffee, after midnight the night before surgery. If you have been instructed to take oral medication prior to surgery, you may take the medication with ONE SIP OF WATER.
- If the patient is a child or legally a minor, under 18, it is important for his/her parent or guardian to accompany him/her to our office; otherwise the patient cannot be treated.
- You should wear loose-fitting clothing, preferably with short sleeves so we can have access to both of your arms. Do not wear a tight collar or necktie. Do not wear flip flops, sandals or open back shoes. Do not wear contacts.
- The profound effects of the sedation will wear off within 30-45 minutes following surgery, after which you will be discharged from the office. You should go home and rest for the remainder of the day because of the residual effects of the medication. Do not drive or make important decisions for 24 hours after your anesthesia and surgery.
- It is not advisable for you to undergo the surgery if your health is compromised by an infection. If you are experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms (fever, sore throat, chills or body aches) please call to reschedule your surgery.
- If you are a DIABETIC—Please bring your BLOOD GLUCOSE TESTER to your surgery.
- If you have ASTHMA—Please bring your INHALER to your surgery.
*Please call this office at least 24 hours in advance if you will not be able to keep your appointment. The telephone number is 570-288-9070. If after hours, leave a message including your name, the time and your phone number with the answering service.
* We do everything possible to check your insurance benefits. The payment fees quoted to us by the insurance company are not a guarantee of payment. If there is an underpayment by the insurance company we will bill you. If there is an over payment, we will issue you a refund.
*THERE IS A $250.00 FEE FOR ALL MISSED SURGICAL APPOINTMENTS*