There is a possible or probable passage that has opened between your oral cavity and your maxillary sinus. Please follow these precautions in addition to our standard post-operative instructions.
- 1. Do not blow your nose forcefully until your follow up appointment.
- 2. Do not rinse your mouth with saline or other liquids for 48 hours. If fluid comes out your nose call and do not rinse your mouth until your follow up appointment.
- 3. Do not be alarmed if there is a small amount of blood from your nose on the side of the surgery.
- 4. Please take all prescribed medications as directed.
- 5. If you feel like you are going to sneeze-DO NOT hold your nose.
- 6. If there are any questions concerning your post operative convalescence please call the office.